Established for over 50 years, Brockman’s Riding School is the longest running Horse Riding School in Western Australia.
Brockman’s Riding School provides a wide variety of equine activities across a broad range of skill levels and ages. We cater for the young inexperienced child and adult rider with a keen interest in horses through to the more experienced competition rider.
At Brockman’s Riding School you have a lot of FUN in a friendly, safe and relaxed environment. You will learn all the necessary horse skills from riding right through to how to care for a horse and pony.
We presently carry approximately 28-30 ponies and horses that are ideally suited to a variety of rider skill levels and ages. More information on the horses and ponies in our stables can be read by clicking here.
What We Offer
Brockman’s Riding School specialises in offering:
- Private, Shared (2) & Group (3+) Lessons
- Day Camps for Children
- School Holiday Camps
- Equestrian Australia Introductory Riding & Horse Management Courses
- Picturesque Trail Rides Through Natural Bush and Countryside
- Venue for Corporate Functions, Christmas Parties, Birthday Parties and other Events
For more information regarding available lessons and their associated costs, click here.
For group lessons and extended events, light refreshments are usually provided.
Qualifications and Registration
Brockman’s Riding School is one of only two riding schools in Perth’s Southern Suburbs registered with the Australian Horse Riding Centres (which includes annual inspections of all equipment and facilities). Our Principal and Chief Instructor, Jennifer Brockman has many years of experience in horse riding and is a qualified Equestrian Australia N.C.A.S Level 1 & 2 Instructor (Australian Sports Commission’s National Coaching Accreditation Scheme), EA Coach Educator, EA Show Horse Coach, EA & National Show Horse Judge as well as an Australian Horse Riding Centres Level 0 & 1 Instructor. For more information on our instructors and their qualifications click here.
As an accredited member of AHRC we are dedicated to professionalism in the horse industry and uphold standards and conditions in our day to day operations, and provide patrons with:
- Adequate supervision as laid down in membership conditions.
- Safety gear e.g. ASA 3838 helmets.
- Supervisory staff of adequate training and age for the duties carried out.
- A holder of a current First Aid Certificate to be available at all times.
- Ethical, truthful and honest advertising and marketing.
- Adherence to emergency procedures in place and the recording of such.
- Horses of adequate stature and training, sound and in good health for the work envisaged.
- Appropriate and adequately maintained equipment.
- A complaint procedure, in which patrons can approach the establishment or the AHRC in writing.
- Adherence to regulations of AHRC and current Government Legislation, especially Workplace, Health and Safety.
We also carry full public liability insurance, however a Riding Disclaimer Form must be signed by each client (or parent if the pupil is under the age of 18) for the event year. For Trail Rides you are also required to print out and complete the following Horse Safe Trail Ride Indemnity form.
919 Nicholson Road, Oakford, Western Australia 6121.
Situated 45km South of Perth (30 minutes drive).
(Between Rowley Road & Thomas Road)
Jennifer Brockman – Principal, Proprietor and Chief Instructor